Have been having algae problems

6cd4aeca461d58c387ad3320d10a5694.jpg

Here you go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I bought stabilizer at Home Depot and the directions say to pour directly in the skimmer, which I did.

Now I just checked by the pool pump and it looks like most of the stabilizer is in the basket.

Did I do it correctly? Do I need to remove the basket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's fine but most of it will probably end up in the filter. As long as you don't backwash. It could take up to a week to fully dissolve. You should start targeting FC for the amount of CYA you put in. We usually recommend you put it in a sock, and put the sock in the skimmer. Then occasionally squeeze it until it's fully dissolved.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How long does it take for me to see the final results from adding stabilizer? Per pool math I needed to add 80oz of stabilizer to bring my CYA up to 80 from 40. I did just that yesterday and tested today and it's at 70.

Should I add more stabilizer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wait till Friday - Saturday and retest it. It can take up to a week to fully register on a test. You don't want to over shoot that level.
Your in range now so don't add any more at this time. You can leave it where it's at and see how much FC you lose per day which shouldn't be as much as if it were in the middle of the summer. When you lose more than 3 ppm of FC per day due to the sun, it's time to bump the CYA level up 10 ppm. I think for this time of year you should be fine where it's at.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.