Have a SCG. Is it important to run the pool at night since sunlight breaks down chlorine?

unit9419

May 31, 2023
Belize
To save on expensive electricity down here in Belize I need to stop running my pump and SCG 24h a day. But my understanding is that sunlight breaks down chlorine really fast. So how important is it to run the pump and SCG at night to make sure the pool really circulates it's water and sanitizes while that chlorine is strongest. If so how much should it run. Thanks for helping with my newbie questions.

Thank you. My confession is that for the last few years since the pool was built I've never bothered with CYA. Therefore I ran the system at night to make sure the pool really got plenty of chlorine and circulation. I'm going to start maintaining CYA so that I can cut down on the use of my SWG which I'm burning out every couple years

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.