Has anyone replaced a vinyl liner with RubberizeIt?

May 26, 2016
Manitoba, Canada
Has anyone used these products to replace a vinyl liner pool w/ steel walls using RubberizeIt products? Liquid Rubber Pool Coating System | Liquid Rubber Pool Paints, they have crumb rubber + fabric mesh + rubber paint and it can be applied with a sprayer. They suggest it's doable as long as you get the fabric backing for the walls and floor seams.

Seems interesting if it's a possible DIY solution instead of a Vinyl liner that needs several people and can only be done by a commercial company or people with experience doing it.

It’s basically Rhino liner for the pool. Or another version of Plasti-dip. Both would work incredibly well but cost more than the liner. A generic version like this would be great.

I wouldn’t use it in place of a vinyl liner but I would definitely try it on already painted plaster with nothing else to lose.

The company said you could do it as long as you had a pool floor (not just sand) and used their backing and seam mesh on the walls and floor joints. It applies with a sprayer too.

I guess vinyl deals with ground shifting so wonder of this would too. Still thousands but cheaper and easier to do with a couple people vs a DIY liner job you need many ppl and then prices around here are crazy high. This is a diy alternative and could maintain it yourself.

Theres a lot of neat looking stuff out there to replace vinyl liners, I saw a video of some german company that put these plastic looking sheets in and heated them together to make 1 waterproof piece for pools. But it doesnt seem like a large enough group of people go for alternatives to get any solid reliability data on them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.