Has anyone ever used this?

I havne't, but I can't imagine that it would work well. Considering that a typical SWG pulls a couple hundred watts, there's no way those puny solar cells would be able to generate enough juice to get any significant chlorine production.

I also saw "mineral purifier" buried in the list of specs, and that throw up red flags for me.

Looks cool but I'm confused... From what I read it said to "shock pool once a week if water temps are above 70* ". My pool water stays about 83* to 90* during the summer. If I remember right it was above 70* in early spring. Please correct me if I am wrong but if you are required to shock the pool once a week which brings the chlorine level up to above normal levels then what does the product do?? So is it for the winter time? I mean no disrespect I just don't see the savings.

Tim

It has a solar powered SWG that produces way less chlorine than the units everyone normally uses. It also has a ionizer that puts out copper and zinc. The two parts can be turned on and off separately. The SWG section can use salt you load into the unit, or salt in the pool water.

Oh I understand how it works... But what is the point of the shock once a week? My question is this... If you shock once a week when the water temp is over 70* using liquid chlorine, and that brought the chlorine level up to lets say 15ppm, then what is the purpose of the product? If your levels are up that high (shock level) then what good does it do? From what I read, it would be like saying this. I am going to sell you a gallon of bleach. Do not take the lid off, just place it in the water and let it float around. If the water temp exceeds 70* then take another gallon of bleach and poor it in and bring it up to shock level once a week. :? Maybe I am just missing the concept. I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Tim

I think it recommends shocking because it cannot promise that it will properly sanitize the pool without the supplemented chlorine. Save your money

Yeah thats what I figured also. It's a neat idea and it may work fine in a smaller pool. I also liked the part where it said "Also included is an optional mineral purifier". :goodjob: I hope anyone who buys one asks question and reads the instructions well. Thanks to the original poster (mynewpool) for sharing this info. I didn't know such a thing existed. Take care

Tim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.