Hardness 490 ppm, not sure if yellow or mustard algae

Hey all,

Recently got a new job as maintenance and took over a pool at a RV Park. I have been shocking the pool once a week as well as using Leslie's Perfect Weekly and have been brushing daily but nothing seems to help. When I'm brushing the pool, a light layer seems to come off the algae, but the next day it looks the same. Chlorine, alkalinity, and pH are all within acceptable ranges. Could the algae be feeding off the calcium in the pool? Any input would be great. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

How do you test your water? What are a complete set of test results.

Algae does not feed off calcium. Algae must be eliminated using a process called SLAM Process. You use [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] to determine the shock level FC needed. Then you follow the target level FC as shown in the chart. To do a SLAM you must have a proper test kit.

I suggest you read Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Trouble Free Pool School book.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.