Hard water control

Our pool is 11,000 gal salt water. We currently have a hardness level of 635. What can I do to drop this number. We do not have a water softener on our home, so that source is not available. Our pool level is maintained via main line supply. I have notice more calcium buildup on the tiles, and am concerned that this level could be the issue.

Two options. Drain the pool and refill with lower CH fill water. Most likely the cheapest method. Other is to hire a service that passes the water through an RO system. I believe Phoenix has some companies. You will still need to use about 1/4 of your pool volume in fill water.

To be honest, that level of CH is not an issue if you manage your CSI.
Do you have your own proper test kit? Hard to get a value of 635 with a proper test kit.

To be honest, that level of CH is not an issue if you manage your CSI.
Do you have your own proper test kit? Hard to get a value of 635 with a proper test kit.
We have the Taylor K-2006 Test Kit. It shows Calcium Hardness as high and Leslie Pool shows 654 hardness. Everything else is well within range.

Are you saying that, if everything else is within range, we don't need to worry too much about the CH?

The Taylor K2006 has a CH test. Use that. It will result in a CH in factors of 25 ppm. Pool stores have a hard time getting CH right.

If you manage CSI, you can keep the scaling tendency under control until your CH gets to above 800 ppm.

You might want to consider a softener for the house. That's pretty rough on your piping and water heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.