Hard Water and FROG Anti-Bac Mineral Pac

Connie Bee

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jul 1, 2019
Sun Prairie, WI
Last year, we converted to liquid chlorine for our sanitizer and the water has never been so clear! We still used the FROG ALL OUT algaecide and the FROG Anti-Bac Mineral Pac. This year, we will not used the ALL OUT, but am wondering if we should keep the FROG Anti-Bac Mineral Pac merely as a water softener.
We use well water, which is hard, but pool-store water tests have always shown "0" for metals, except for occasional readings for copper. Wondering if the FROG Mineral Pac has kept the metals in check.
Thoughts??

The FROG mineral pac adds metals. TFP does not recommend the use of minerals. You cannot test what it is doing but it will eventually stain your pool surfaces.

The mineral pac add silver to the water, it doesn't keep anything in check. It isn't smart or anything, just adds silver as water flows through it. It has no water softening qualities, I hope it wasn't sold to you as such because that would be an outright lie.

The All Out is a copper algaecide. So unless you have done a complete water change then there is copper and silver in your water. Hopefully enough to not cause any trouble, if you don't add more, but despite the pool store testing (never trustworthy) I can guarantee there are metals in your water.

The mineral pac add silver to the water, it doesn't keep anything in check. It isn't smart or anything, just adds silver as water flows through it. It has no water softening qualities, I hope it wasn't sold to you as such because that would be an outright lie.

The All Out is a copper algaecide. So unless you have done a complete water change then there is copper and silver in your water. Hopefully enough to not cause any trouble, if you don't add more, but despite the pool store testing (never trustworthy) I can guarantee there are metals in your water.
MOST informative! Thank you! We are going to dump all our FROG stuff and stick with easy peasy chlorine!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.