Hard Film on Bottom of Vinyl Lined Pool

May 29, 2015
Charlottetown
Hi,
I have had my in-ground vinyl-lined pool now for 8 years. I have just opened it up after the winter and have a very hard film on the bottom and sides of the pool. I can brush it off but it is taking forever- it is quite stuck on. This is the first time that this has ever happened. I suspect that I have hard water and may have calcification on the bottom/sides of the pool.
Obviously, it is not an option to drain the pool and do a deep cleaning (e.g., with muriatic acid, etc) because it is vinyl-lined. I am wondering:
1) Does it sound like my theory is correct;
2) Will a scale remover help loosen the hard film;
3) If a scale remover will help, can anyone recommend a good product.
If anyone could give me any tips it would be greatly appreciated :) I maintain my pool myself but freely admit that I am only an amateur!
I would appreciate any advice anyone could give me :)

Have heard of a number of issues with scale this year.

Lower your CSI to -0.6. Keep brushing and the scale should loosen and be vacuumed out

Hi,
I have had my in-ground vinyl-lined pool now for 8 years. I have just opened it up after the winter and have a very hard film on the bottom and sides of the pool. I can brush it off but it is taking forever- it is quite stuck on. This is the first time that this has ever happened. I suspect that I have hard water and may have calcification on the bottom/sides of the pool.
Obviously, it is not an option to drain the pool and do a deep cleaning (e.g., with muriatic acid, etc) because it is vinyl-lined. I am wondering:
1) Does it sound like my theory is correct;
2) Will a scale remover help loosen the hard film;
3) If a scale remover will help, can anyone recommend a good product.
If anyone could give me any tips it would be greatly appreciated :) I maintain my pool myself but freely admit that I am only an amateur!
I would appreciate any advice anyone could give me :)
Can you recommend a product to lower my CSI?

CSI is a calculation based on TA, pH, CH, CYA, Borates, salt, temperature, etc. Use Poolmath and enter your test results in the app. Be sure to Enable Track CSI.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.