Handrail?

dmlk

Jun 28, 2020
Ohio
Do you most people have the stainless steel handrail installed? I think the pool looks better without it but wasn’t sure if it was needed for code or not? The concrete decking is being poured Thursday so I needed to decide. Thanks!

D,

I agree that pools look better without a rail.. But, you don't put them in because they look good, you put them in the help us old geezers in and out of a pool.

Don't laugh, one day you, or your parents, are going to need one..

I suggest that you get a hand rail and just have the mounts installed now.. If, or when, the time comes, you will just have to install the railing.

The reason to do it now is because it is simple to tie the railing mounts into the bonding system.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Reactions: dmlk and Apsuhead
Haha, yes I totally understand and get it. They have it ready for the railing, the mounts.
But I remember being at a friends pool the other day and she didn’t have a rail. But maybe she has the mounts and didn’t realize it. Thanks for the response!

Imagine this scenario- busy trauma nurse ruptures Achilles tendon, and had to have two knee replacements all in one year's time frame. Without a handrail I would have never been able to step in and out of the pool. Hand rails aren't just for old geezers (per Jim's description lol) but for any person who needs one. Every little kid I've seen getting into the pool grabs hold of it too.

Maddie 🐞

Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
Actually having one added to ours during our reno. I'm not getting any younger plus im a walking accident & very unstable lol so it was a must for me

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.