Handrail is stuck

xyz

Gold Supporter
Sep 8, 2016
Escondido/CA
I never thought about the pressure washer, I will give that a try this afternoon, after I pour some Coke on it and let it sit awhile.

xyz.........you must be an engineer of some sort..........HA! Thanks for the ideas though~

more like someone that doesn't give up easily. I have this saying--I don't win, I just give up last. When you try an idea, and it doesn't work, often it will spark a related idea that does. Or sparks a related idea for someone else. And worse case you increased the chance you find what does work by eliminating a solution you know doesn't work.

Keep eps talking and thinking and you will get it. If you post some pictures, I bet we will come up with some other ideas, and maybe one that will work.

banditig

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 17, 2015
Ohio
Pour ice water around the base, then immediately pour hot water, repeat a few times. Hopefully the expansion will work it free.

Veccster

Bronze Supporter
Aug 30, 2016
Pittsburgh PA
Hold ice on the handrail to get it cold. Then a heat gun pointed at the base. Cold makes handrail shrink....heat gun expands base that it's stuck in.
Just a thought.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.