Bronze Supporter
Apr 16, 2019
Bremen, GA, 65 m west of Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Got my Hayward Dura-Skim filter yesterday, but the box was destroyed and had been taped back together. Opened it up, the gasket, faceplate, and screws were all missing.

So that goes back to Amazon. I chose UPS pickup, where the driver comes to your house with a label and picks up the item.

Not so much.

OUR UPS guy didn't even knock on the door. He left the label on the front porch and went on his way. Luckily my husband found the label and brought it in, but dang, I wouldn't call that "a pickup."

So the waiting for the replacement skimmer begins. And we have to go into Carrollton to ship this thing back. Bah.

On a brighter note, got the sand filter put together! We'll install it tomorrow. It came complete with 1.25" hoses, too, which I don't need.

Well dang, that stinks! Can't you request another pickup? I forgot how that works, do they ship the new one right away or wait till they receive it to initiate the new one?

You aren't missing much without those screws... When you get them, screw them in with a power drill/screwdriver prior to putting it on the pool. They're near impossible to do by hand without pre-screwing, and even after having done so, some of ours wouldn't go in all the way. I bought a whole set of new stainless sheetmetal screws instead.

Amazon won't directly replace items -- you can take a credit and apply it to anything except the same item. I don't get that policy. So I just asked for a refund to my card and bought another of the same thing.

Yeah, I've heard about the issues with the screws. I'm only going to fight with them for a minute, then I'll go to the Ace Hardware and get some stainless sheet metal screws like you did. I don't do arguing with hardware.

Reactions: frogabog
Amazon won't directly replace items -- you can take a credit and apply it to anything except the same item. I don't get that policy.

I've never had that issue with anything actually sold by Amazon - did you buy if from an Amazon Marketplace seller?

But the UPS/USPS issue is getting out of control. We recently had a delivery that was left on the doorstep in the rain but the delivery confirmation said "handed to recipient"!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.