Apr 13, 2018
Houston, TX
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'd like the collective wisdom of the crowd: I've been using hair nets in my skimmer baskets, changing weekly, usually the day our yard guy mows (clippings, etc that fly into the pool). We are leaving for 2-3 weeks of vacation, and I'm concerned that, if I use the hair nets while gone, they may load up too much over the time we are away, and put strain on the filter pump.

Should I be concerned about the pump strain? So hair nets or no hair nets while gone?

Thanks!

I use them as well. I remove them when I go on vacation for the reason you mentioned. No way to know how much stuff is in them and damaging the pump is a major concern for me. You'll be gone a long time and I would advise against it. Even a leaving for week with them in the skimmer baskets is too long in my opinion. If someone you trust is coming by to empty skimmers and add chlorine, I'd still leave them out until you get back. One more thing that can go wrong!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.