Riverside
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Ken at Hot2Sun has been great to talk with in regards to his unique ballasted power strip solar heaters to go on a flat patio cover.

Freezing is not common in Socal, but it ruined my neighbors traditional panels the first year he installed them. Plus I don't want to penetrate my patio cover.

Anyone have experience installing and running the ballasted system?

I have never seen Hot2sun Solar Powerstrips mentioned here.

Here is a bump for weekend eyes.

I have seen a few mentions from years back.

I guess it's H2ot Sun...

Basically DIY strips that you connect to custom manifolds at whatever length you want. Supposedly impervious to freezing (as long as the manifolds get winterized) which makes them ideal for flat roofs.

See my finished install and thoughts here:

@Telemachus. Any issues with the panels after the install? How has the performance been? Any idea price per/sqft when all said and done. Thanks for your detail and post.

$6.66 per square foot for the panels themselves including the headers. PVC pipe is through the roof right now... but not much to be done about that.

Including laborers to get my trenches dug, valves and actuators for my pool equipment and paint it cost me $6400 for a 30'x15' ballasted system that runs 110 feet underground from equipment to Patio cover.

I did have a problem with the vacuum breaker valve not working, it was leaking water. Ken from H2ot Sun set me a new one today priority mail no charge.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.