Clermont FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Wasn’t sure which forum to post in for this.
We had our paver deck and travertine coping treated and sealed. Some of the water base urethane sealer dripped from the travertine coping edge into the pool. It quickly caused water cloudiness and some flocculated, grainy urethane material was also captured in our skimmer sock. This happened 1st time done and the water did clear up just fine in a couple days. However they had to recoat with an additive “diamond dust” which is micronized polypropylene (160-180 microns) so the coping would not be too slick. This time the water was slower to mostly clearing but is still not back to where it was sparkling clear a week later and seems to be staying a bit cloudy. I am wondering if I am going to need a water exchange to get rid of the unfilterable cloudiness. I really dont think this is a coincidental algae bloom especially this time of year. Pic of water and product links below.

Any thoughts or similar experience?

Attachments

• 47C6A389-9E11-49AF-A3C6-79BF07C3CEC8.jpeg
    47C6A389-9E11-49AF-A3C6-79BF07C3CEC8.jpeg
    314.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Did you clean the cartridge filter?

How much are you running the pump?
Yep cleaned the filter which was pretty new. Been runnng the VS pump 24/7 at 1700-2800 rpms or higher since. We have been getting a bunch of pollen for a couple weeks but still it seems cloudier since the urethane drips to me.

Wondering what solved this for you, I’m in the same boat.
The Natural Chemistry didn’t do squat. I finally did a water exchange. Did the trick. Added water in the sun shelf while pumping out with a submersible pump in the deep end. Done in about 20 hrs with the exchange. Got everything balanced again in a day or so. Not as painful as I thought. The water has been crystal clear since.... although this evening the grand baby mustard pooped the pool... so SLAMing now just in case.

Reactions: Nordy-que
Thanks. I got some enzymes and added today. Seems to have helped some, but needs some more time to know for sure. I hate to exchange water when I just filled it...

The Natural Chemistry didn’t do squat. I finally did a water exchange. Did the trick. Added water in the sun shelf while pumping out with a submersible pump in the deep end. Done in about 20 hrs with the exchange. Got everything balanced again in a day or so. Not as painful as I thought. The water has been crystal clear since.... although this evening the grand baby mustard pooped the pool... so SLAMing now just in case.
I gave the enzymes a few days or more. Whatever the “cloudiness” was from this urethane sealer, it wouldn’t completely filter or break down at least over a couple weeks. Most people (maybe not TFP people) would not have noticed... but the water just still seemed dull to me from the surface and thru the goggles even after the initial cloudier stuff reduced.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.