gunite not watered

Jun 13, 2017
Carmichael, CA
Gunite was completed on 6/6/17 and we were not told to water the gunite, nor did we know that it was something we needed to do. Today, after speaking with builder, was advised we should have been watering it. The weather the past 7 days has been highs ranging from 66-75 with one day of rain. I'm concerned that the gunite will not cure properly. Any input appreciated.

Susan,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource whether you water your gunite or not... :snorkle:

I'm not a gunite expert, but I doubt that temperatures in the 60 or 70's would have much effect on your gunite curing.

I believe that most of the time you want to water gunite to keep it from drying out too fast when the temperatures are in the 90's or 100's

Let's see what our other members have to say..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Does your shell have any major cracking or shrinkage? If not you will be fine especially since it rained one day. You can start watering now and you shell will be just fine.
Be sure to check around pipes for deep holes

Gunite was completed on 6/6/17 and we were not told to water the gunite, nor did we know that it was something we needed to do. Today, after speaking with builder, was advised we should have been watering it. The weather the past 7 days has been highs ranging from 66-75 with one day of rain. I'm concerned that the gunite will not cure properly. Any input appreciated.
Even with watering several times per day, our Shotcrete had some shrinkage cracks. They just came back and filled them with hydraulic cement a few days before the quartz finish was applied.

Reactions: TxPoolhoney
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.