Gunite Never Watered - Poured 7 Weeks Ago

annweb

Jul 6, 2021
Northern California
The Gunite for my reconstructed pool was poured on June 19th but the contractor never told me that I was supposed to water it for the first 7 days. I just learned that today, 7 weeks later, from one of the persons that works for him. Will this cause an issue that can be fixed at this point? They have not yet put the WetEdge surface on as that will be a couple more weeks. I do not see any noticeable cracks but would I actually see them if caused by not watering the Gunite?

Since June 19th the temps have ranged from 80-105 degrees and no rain unfortunately.

Thank you for any advice that you can offer.

It is now Aug 22 and the Gunite was poured June 19 and my contractor has still not put the Wet Edge surface on it as they have been very slow with plumbing, electrical and pool deck. I still don't have a date for the Wet Edge and I noticed that I now have cracks in the Gunite on the bottom and sides of this empty pool. Any ideas what I should do about this? If the Wet Edge is put over the cracks will that lead to leaks?

Reactions: Myersfam
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.