Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Here in South FL, builder told us there is a shortage/delay with gunite. We have been waiting for gunite for 3 weeks now since the excavation. Has anyone else experience this?
Also, there is a bad weather coming 1"-2" of rain maybe, I was thinking I should tarp the edge of the dig to reduce erosion. Will that help or a complete waste of time?

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to TFP.

Builders and gunite companies will often "flash" a dig with a thin layer of gunite if there is a delay.

don't think the builder is doing a flash of gunite. they don't even have gunite ready.
so... no body tried the tarp method.... oh boy.

My PB tarped the walls of my dig before gunite. We did get some decent rains also prior to gunite day. Seemed to work well.

--Jeff

Reactions: Emyers74
We’ve been waiting about five weeks now in Central Texas. We’re next in line for gunite and are hoping for next week, but now the weather forecast for next week isn’t looking good so I’m guessing it may be the week after. We’ve had some rain but our yard is caliche so nothing is going to erode. They’ve just pumped out the rain water each time.

Reactions: Emyers74
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.