Growing concerns with our startup process

TXpoolgirl

Mar 13, 2021
Austin, TX
We just finished the install of quartzscapes plaster and our pool was filled. I was told the startup procedure was a very important process and should not be done improperly so I agreed to the extra expense of them doing the startup. So here we are, our pool has been filled since Wednesday night, and someone has been out only once on Friday afternoon to brush and start the procedure. I am very concerned that we will have issues with our plaster going forward. I've read site after site detailing the start up process and it doesn't seem that our pool builder is concerned they aren't following it. Im getting the "oh, it will be fine, sorry about that, don't worry" answers from them. Am I stressing for nothing? They've told me bigger pools take days to fill and it's ok that they waited a day and a half to come check our smaller pool. Our quartz color is grenadine gray so it's on the darker side. I'm worried about discoloration, warranty void, and quicker deterioration.

Welcome to TFP.

You have three choices...

1. Point out to them that you expect them to be following the manufactures startup guide and get them to change their ways
  2. Accept whatever they do and the way the pool ends up
  3. Take control of your pool and tell them you got it from here
I would do 3.

Here are the manufactures startup instructions....

Note its says...

Brush the entire pool surface thoroughly at least twice daily to remove all plaster dust. Again, routine brushing is critical to a long-lasting, beautiful pool finish.

Do you have a good test kit like the TF-100 Test Kits or Taylor K-2006C?

Welcome to TFP.

You have three choices...

1. Point out to them that you expect them to be following the manufactures startup guide and get them to change their ways
  2. Accept whatever they do and the way the pool ends up
  3. Take control of your pool and tell them you got it from here
I would do 3.

Here are the manufactures startup instructions....

Note its says...

Brush the entire pool surface thoroughly at least twice daily to remove all plaster dust. Again, routine brushing is critical to a long-lasting, beautiful pool finish.

Do you have a good test kit like the TF-100 Test Kits or Taylor K-2006C?
Thank you. We don't have the test kits but did take a water sample to our local pool supplier. Needless to say, the chemicals were not in line with startup recommendations. I appreciate your response. We are dealing with several issues with the pool company right now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.