Ground Prep Flooding Issue

You can use a shop vac to help suck the water up and out. Then put a fan in there to help dry it up. You will be able to tell when the dirt is dry. If you don't think there will be enough time without rain after you suck the water out you can put a good piece of plastic sheeting in there and make sure it goes over the edge quite a bit and is held down by something to keep the wind from blowing it away. That way you will only have to get teh water off the plastic.

That's a lot of water for a shop vac. A 12' x 24' x 20" hole is thousands of gallons of water. It's also a hazard if you have small children. Renting a trash pump might go faster. You might want to add a drainage channel for the future.

Last edited:
Thanks! I ended up using a sub pump to empty out the water over a few days, then let it bake in the sun for a week. Then I went over it with a ground compacter a few days in a row to make sure the ground was well compacted. It wasn't fun waiting but I know it will be worth it in the end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.