Ground/Bond Help-Concrete Pad and Diving Board

doctorh

Jul 24, 2020
Harrison Arkansas
I installed my own in ground pool and ran the chemicals for the first year and partly into the second. With the fact that it is a salt water pool and using the guidance I found on this forum I really didnt have to do anything much through out the year except vacuum and skim and once in a while add a little something to balance things. At the time I had the cheapo vacuum that came with pool kit and it worked ok except it had to be saved and moved because it would get stuck from time to time. So I decided to hire out the maintenance. Starting last year I kept getting "check cell" check "salt" on my control box. I brought that up to the owner of the company and he thought I fixed it. I hadnt done anything. But I did notice they were starting to put chlorine tabs in the skimmer basket. Well some where in there when they winterized my pool they allowed water in my strainer to freeze and expand enough to crack it. We are about to have a long discussion about that. Also I am about to add a small concrete pad on the deep end to add on a diving board. All of the re bar in all the concrete is tied to ground. Same ground un interrupted as per code. Even though we live in the country. I have plenty of copper wire to tie into this rebar and diving board base and run all the way up to the equipment pad and tie onto original ground loop. Is that the best way to go? Or should I have the contractor cut out a section of old patio and expose rebar and tie on directly to existing re bar?

The final straw with these people was last week I asked them once again to fix my salt water system. He quoted me 1150 to replace the cell with the one I already have in there. I ordered one from in the swim for 650 shipped and took 10 min to screw it in line and plug it in!! so basically I need guidance on how they should be doing the concrete pad to be sure its done to code and then they will be fired and given a choice to pay for damaged skimmer to be repaired or repair it to my satisfaction.

thanks. Yes I ran a continuous bonding loop initially and tied everything in. Im not sure how to add this additional pad. I fairly sure my pool guy who will be let go after he is done with the board does things to code in the city limits and what ever he wants out in the country where no permits are needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.