Gritty sand on walls after SLAMming a swampy pool

z33tec

Jul 7, 2016
NY
I lost my winter cover during a bad wind storm and my pool turned into a swamp over winter. Getting close to the end of my SLAM to bring it back (can finally see bottom on day 8 ) and I noticed a ring around the lower part of the wall (above ground vinyl liner). I have been brushing the wall so I was wondering if it was a stain or something. After touching it with my hand I realized its some sort of sandy grit. The only way to really get it off is rubbing it real hard with my hand or foot it seems. The normal pool brush does nothing.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Is there something more aggressive that is safe to use to scrub a vinyl liner?

One thing to note is I did get a new sand filter this season so the sand was fresh and I know when you first fill it up a small amount will blow out into the pool initially. Not sure how it would stick to the wall though either way.

I lost my winter cover during a bad wind storm and my pool turned into a swamp over winter. Getting close to the end of my SLAM to bring it back (can finally see bottom on day 8 ) and I noticed a ring around the lower part of the wall (above ground vinyl liner). I have been brushing the wall so I was wondering if it was a stain or something. After touching it with my hand I realized its some sort of sandy grit. The only way to really get it off is rubbing it real hard with my hand or foot it seems. The normal pool brush does nothing.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Is there something more aggressive that is safe to use to scrub a vinyl liner?

One thing to note is I did get a new sand filter this season so the sand was fresh and I know when you first fill it up a small amount will blow out into the pool initially. Not sure how it would stick to the wall though either way.
yup when water is droppped after a long winter i get that sediment ring as well. i just wipe it up after dropping water down a bit

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.