Grey Mottling? New White Plaster Pool

New-pool-owners

May 9, 2022
Henderson, NV
Hi there:
We just hired a company to re-plaster a pool and they finished the plaster Friday then started filling the pool through Saturday evening (no chemicals added at this time). They returned Sunday at 7 in the evening to add some chemicals (I was told acid but have no idea what really was put into the pool) and brush the pool for the first time. The pool pump was not running after pool was filled (until Monday morning) because they had taken pump apart and did not put it back together until today. I've been brushing the pool walls/floor consistently as I was told the more I brush, the better it is. While brushing this evening, I noticed some grey stains throughout the plaster - these photos are from the entry stairs. Is this normal? Can I get rid of it?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!unnamed (9).jpgunnamed (8).jpgunnamed (7).jpgunnamed (6).jpg

Had my pool done about 1.5 years ago and it has imperfections. I was expecting solid bright white but like any cement product there is inconsistencies I guess. My first pool and never really paid attention to others. Now that I look, plaster pools are often pretty rough looking

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.