Redding CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
My wife and I recently moved to Redding California to be closer to our kids and grandkids. We bought a house that has a beautiful 16000 gallon pool with an infinity edge.
This is my first built in pool! I am getting help from a local pool service company but want to be more proactive in taking care of the pool.
I did some upgrades recently. First, the pool was pretty chilly this past September. Even though days were in the 90’s, due to some nice shading by some pines and oak trees, the pool always stays a bit too cool for my grandchild and his father. (We did move into the house until mid October.
So, I put in a Pentair Heater - heat pump. Ran it just for a day, but with the weather getting into 50’s and 40’s no sense in turning it on until Spring.
The next upgrade was to put in a Pentair Intellicenter and Salt Generator. Everyone I talked to said SWG is the way to go. Again, with the water so cold right now (~42F), it’s not yet connected.
The last upgrade (hopefully) was to replace the 2 old pumps (which each consumed ~1600W!!!) with a Pentair variable speed pump with valves that direct the water (pool or edge).

Believe it or not, I have not yet going swimming in the pool!!!!
Can’t wait for Spring/Summer - Redding gets pretty hot in the summer ~100F or more.

Anyway, I am spending time learning and likely with use a Raspberry Pi 4 I have and try to install Pool Control Dashboard.

I’m retired from the computer/communications industry and have a number of RpI’s doing all kinds of things ;-)