Green water

Jun 10, 2016
La Plata, MD
Hi all! We are preparing to close our pool now. Following the steps on here, we waited until the water was cold enough, then brought the water to SLAM level. The first time, the water went from 26 at night to 25 the next morning. The next day it started at 24 and stayed at 24 the next morning. (It was supposed to be at 23.7, but I added a bit too much bleach the first day). So, all was good. I kept track the next few days as the levels came back to halfway between normal and SLAM. That's where I am today.

However, the deep end of my water has a green tint to it. What am I missing?

I'm confused here, where did the OP say they were doing a SLAM?

To me the OP reads that they raised FC to shock (they said SLAM) level to prepare to close.

Hi all! We are preparing to close our pool now. Following the steps on here, we waited until the water was cold enough, then brought the water to SLAM level. The first time, the water went from 26 at night to 25 the next morning. The next day it started at 24 and stayed at 24 the next morning. (It was supposed to be at 23.7, but I added a bit too much bleach the first day). So, all was good. I kept track the next few days as the levels came back to halfway between normal and SLAM. That's where I am today.

However, the deep end of my water has a green tint to it. What am I missing?

OP- Were you battling algae? Any chance there could be iron or copper in the water? Do you fill from a well? Do you regularly use algaecide that contains copper?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.