Green water while filling

Alishasjunkypool

Jul 16, 2020
Wisconsin
I completely drained the pool, got new liner and started filling. 1ft of water and this is the color. Added nothing else but our well water. There is a slight yellowish foam residue floating on the water. What can i do? I cant afford the water delivery to fill it out here.

Attachments

• 20200806_141941.jpg
    20200806_141941.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200806_141937.jpg
    20200806_141937.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 35
Looks like iron maybe?

This post offers some great ideas:

Would skimmer socks help?
No, but continuously filtering with some Polyfill in the skimmer may help. Also see this link for a success story with iron.

The green is iron. The cloudiness is some other contaminant. My suggestion would be to SLAM the pool. It will cuase the iron to further oxidize and be caught in your filter and will probably clear up the murkiness as well.

You must run your pump 24/7 for perhaps a few days and the polyfill in the skimmer will keep some of the iron out of the filter. Clean the filter as necessary

I have a 24 ft steel wall AGP with a cartridge filter/no backwash option. I filled the pook with my well. It is a murky brown color because of Iron and sediment in my well. Im not too concerned about the Iron because i can use Sequa-sol. But for the sediment, i was wondering if this could work: add flocculant and allow everything to fall to the floor then put a in line skimmer onto my manual vacuum with a skimmer sock in it to catch all the fine particles. Here is a youtube video of what i am talking about:

Please let me know if you think this could work for me. If you dont think that will work, what else can i do to get the fine seidment out? I cannot do a bucket filter because i dont have a way to block off the return jet from leaking out a lot of water. Thanks!

Please do not add flocculant. It will destroy your cartridge filter. The skimmer sock shown will not prevent the floc from getting to the filter.

Just us a skimmer sock/hairnet. Many members use them. The video above is nothing special.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.