Green to Brown

This is what is in the jug...
5ae88233e332859f046952088d2e01d9.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

This is the video I used to make my "iron filter".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyaJozT_0-Q

I did not have hose clamps, so I'm using duck tape (fixes everything right!) and I purchased the poly fil at Wal-Mart for just under $4.00 (the bag I purchased will probably make 4-5 filters). I did not add the Iron Out. I'm trying to avoid adding any unnecessary chemicals, but it is taking a very long time to filter out the iron.

Does anyone have an opinion on adding the Iron Out?

I wish I could speak to the iron out, but I don't have any experience with it. However, there is another SLAM was just not clearing up and they finally went with alum and it started to clear. Hopefully someone with experience will chime in or you could search the forum for iron and see if you find a history, I have learned that sometimes unusual circumstances require additional methods, but I do not want to be the one to recommend with my limited experience.

I do want to say I love how you are just tackling your problem with a great attitude. I know it's frustrating!

[emoji176] Lisa P.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today:

Added CYA via sock this morning.
Added Baking Soda at 2:50 p.m.
Added Washing Soda at 3:20 p.m.

Brushed and vacuumed.

Test results at 8:45 p.m.
FC 3
pH 7.2 or slightly less

About to clean the filter for the second time and put on the second "iron filter".

I'm suspecting I will need to add bleach tomorrow (if FC drops below 3).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Today's results - 9:15 p.m.

FC 1
CC .5
TA 70
CYA 0-20 (just added via sock yesterday)
pH 7.2

I'm about to add 19 oz of 8.25% bleach to hopefully bring FC up to 3.

I think the pH is a little low and the TA a little high. Not sure what I should do. Any advise/suggestions are appreciated.

Hi there. Please don't raise your ph when you have an obvious iron issue. 7.2 is just fine. That's actually the recommended ph for water that has iron ;)

Please also, as you figured out, do not use iron out. It does ave citric acid in it, but other stuff too and will throw your chems out of whack ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.