Green stuff on the walls

Hamzah

Apr 23, 2019
Thailand/Los Angeles
Everything was fine for awhile (2 month) but now the green stuff on the walls is starting to pop up everyday. I brush it off but it comes back the next day. The chlorine and Ph is balanced. What is wrong with my pool and what should I do to stop the green stuff coming back?

Last edited:
Do you have a kit like Taylor k2006? Or TF-100 test kit so you can calculate your CYA?
If you dont know what CYA is, it is basically a stabilizer for your chlorine in pool, when you have too much CYA in water then you basically turn your chlorine useless.
Grab a kit and measure your CYA, and post it here.
Read TFP Pool ABCs

PS: Since the information i just told you is new for me too, wait for more experienced answers, but i believe this is your problem.

Do you have a kit like Taylor k2006? Or TF-100 test kit so you can calculate your CYA?
If you dont know what CYA is, it is basically a stabilizer for your chlorine in pool, when you have too much CYA in water then you basically turn your chlorine useless.
Grab a kit and measure your CYA, and post it here.
Read TFP Pool ABCs

PS: Since the information i just told you is new for me too, wait for more experienced answers, but i believe this is your problem.

I do have the test kit, which comes with yellow and red tubes. Everything looks balanced on the test kit.

I do have the test kit, which comes with yellow and red tubes. Everything looks balanced on the test kit.

Read the ABCs of the Pool in TFP.com. Only testing chlorine and pH which is yellow and red tubes will not get you far. Pool ABC
As i said measuring your CYA cyanuric acid is a must in your case from my experience.
If you read them you will understand. You do not have only chlorine and pH in your pool. You have to take into consideration other factors

Algae is what you have in my opinion.

Last edited:
Hamzah, Livelox is correct. Even though they are new to TFP they have been very quick to catch on to the proper way to care for a pool. You need a test kit that will test everything in your pool. Free chlorine (FC), cc, pH, TA, CH, CYA. Go to the link Livelox shared above to the Pool ABC. That will help you learn our "language".

Kim:kim:

If you are willing to buy a kit and read the ABCs I will write a reply with detailed instructions based on links and from what I have learnt. I just need to see that you are willing to do what it takes to save your pool.

My suggestion is to fix it yourself instead of bringing a company to fix it for you. You have more control eith that way

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.