Green pool

Jun 28, 2017
Centereach
So I slammed pool and passed over night test it was under .5 fc going down around 1 per day but still cant get water clear. I have scrubbed it daily, backwashed and vacuumed. Here are my levels:

FC-7.5
CC- under .5
CH- 180
CYA-40
TA- 100
PH-7.4

I used my Taylor tf-100 for my tests. Thanks for help!

You don't need to do the OCLT until the water is gin-clear. It will be the last step in a SLAM process.

You SLAM until your CC is 0.5 or less, Your water is crystal clear and then lastly you run the OCLT and lose no more than 1ppm FC.

Maddie :flower:

Good question! No, this algae is from under-chlorination for your CYA level. Or, in other words, you fell below the target range, and probably below the minimum on this chart [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA].

If you really do the SLAM Process (keep FC at your Shock/Slam level until the pool is bottled water clear - your phosphates could be 99999999 and it wouldn't matter because you would have ZERO algae.

So again, great question, but phosphates are just a profit machine for pool stores robbing their customers blind.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to make sure you understand what SLAM Process is saying: Get FC to 16, keep pump running 24/7 if possible, brush at least once a day if possible, and test FC 2-5 times a day (and bring back up to 16)

This will be a few days - or potentially longer. Does your sand filter have a PSI gauge? If so, write down what it says after your next backwash. Then don't backwash again until it is 25-30% higher than that. Backwashing too often actually slows down clearing it up.

Also, you're off to a great start with real test kit, brushing, vac, backwashing - I'm really glad you found us!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.