Green pool today… but CC is 0-0.5?

mjc123

Jul 20, 2018
Halifax, NS (Canada)
Was late opening the pool this year, and for the first time since I started doing it myself, I took the cover off to find a green swamp. Lots of bleach, and a few hours later the water is blue but still cloudy. Will keep the SLAM process ongoing till the end. My big question though is on my first test, shortly after the water turned blue again, I found the CC to be almost 0. Honestly, since I’ve been testing with the TFP kit I’ve never had a CC reading over 0.5. However, given the green pool today, I expected to see something there. Test results this evening:
FC: 14.5
CC: <0.5
CH: 50-75
TA: 40
CYA: <20 (had to largely refill the pool this spring. Not sure how but I lost a ton of water over the winter- which is obviously concerning for a number of reasons- and yet, no obvious sign of leak- I won’t be able to pick up stabilizer till tomorrow but it’s been overcast all day)
PH: 9.0 (added muriaric acid, will retest in the morning but should be back to ~7.7)

Anyway, at this point I’m not worried. More curious about the CC reading.

Side note: I also have an oversized SWCG (T-CELL 15 instead of a 9), which is currently set to 100% - I usually have it set to 10% for normal maintenance. So I’m hoping that will be more than enough to maintain the SLAM. Bleach is expensive and hard to come by around here right now

Upon opening:

A few hours later:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.