Green Pool, Perfect Chemistry

Jun 13, 2018
Levelland
Hey yall. Hoping for some help. My pool looks green, but my water is clear and chemicals are good. How is that possible. I've tried brushing and vacuuming it too, but I can't see the bottom, and I'm worried about scratching the liner. How can I get the water clear enough to see to the bottom? My pool company wants me to flock it, but even then, I still won't be able to see to the bottom. Had a technician out today to check for a circulation issue - nothing there. My chlorine is even slightly high. I'm not sure how to post a picture.

Re: Green Pool, Perfect Chemistry

Hello Laurie...

Did you ever get your test kit? I read your other posts and saw that you were advised to get one. If so, please provide your results for FC, CC, pH, TA, CH and CYA. The pool store testing/results aren't reliable and it's recommended that you get the the TF100 from TFTestKits.net or the Taylor K-2006C.

In the meantime, all we can do is ask that you continue to add about a half a gallon of 10% liquid chlorine until you get your kit. That will add close to 5 ppm FC per day. As you wait for your kit to arrive, continue scooping as much junk on the surface as well as on the bottom of your pool. Continue brushing the walls and around the ladder(s) of your pool. Once you get your test kit, please test for the above components as soon as possible.

Update: make sure you l
eave you pump running 24/7 during SLAM.

I used the Tk-100 kit. Here are my results

FC = 8
CC = 0
TA = 143
CH = 375
CYA = 40
pH = 7.6

We also vacuumed from the pool to waste for almost 2 hours yesterday, and then had to add about an 45 minutes of water back in. Pu,p has been running 24 hours per day, and we are backwashing/rinsing 4-5 times per day as the pressure gets up.

Hello Laurie...

Did you ever get your test kit? I read your other posts and saw that you were advised to get one. If so, please provide your results for FC, CC, pH, TA, CH and CYA. The pool store testing/results aren't reliable and it's recommended that you get the the TF100 from TFTestKits.net or the Taylor K-2006C.

In the meantime, all we can do is ask that you continue to add about a half a gallon of 10% liquid chlorine until you get your kit. That will add close to 5 ppm FC per day. As you wait for your kit to arrive, continue scooping as much junk on the surface as well as on the bottom of your pool. Continue brushing the walls and around the ladder(s) of your pool. Once you get your test kit, please test for the above components as soon as possible.

Update: make sure you l
eave you pump running 24/7 during SLAM.

I did get the test. I posted results above, but no one answered. Here they are again.

I used the Tk-100 kit. Here are my results

FC = 8
CC = 0
TA = 143
CH = 375
CYA = 40
pH = 7.6

We also vacuumed from the pool to waste for almost 2 hours yesterday, and then had to add about an 45 minutes of water back in. Pu,p has been running 24 hours per day, and we are backwashing/rinsing 4-5 times per day as the pressure gets up.

Absolutely. Lower your pH to 7.2 and raise your FC to SLAM level. Test FC and dose back to SLAM level every couple hours.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Well I got so excited about slam that I put the first dose in without lowering the ph. Should I go ahead and try to lower it based on hat ot was it keep slamming instead?

I would suspect your FC will be at or below 10 in the morning. If so, adjust pH then by adding acid, circulate for 30 minutes, and then test pH and add more acid if necessary.

20180711_073248.jpg

What a difference a day makes. I got 2 SLAM does in yesterday evening and got up at 7 to test before the sun comes up. Although I groaned at my alarm going off, I had high hopes that progress had been made. I was super excited at the visual results and even more excited when I discovered I only needed 2 gallons of bleach this AM. I have brushed, backwashed and added appropriate dose. I am well on my way. This picture is from this morning. :D

I am almost done with SLAM. I should've checked my FC before I added water just now and didn't. How soon after water is added can I check? My FC number was 26 about 230 and is 14 just now. I'm hoping the new water needs to circulate a bit and i can check it again in a little bit and get a higher number. Thanks in advance.

I’d give it about 15-20 minutes to circulate and test away. Unless you’ve got a 3 inch water main filling your pool and added a large volume of water in a very short time the water you added was probably getting well circulated as it was added.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.