Green pool. First time pool owner

I am adding DE right now. I couldn't find the Blue Wave Products Super Floc at my local store.
I bought HTH super clarifier. It says that it clarifies cloudy pool water.
I will try the DE first.

I added the DE, made sure the pressure went up by 1psi. After 30 minutes the pressure went up from 17 psi to 23 psi and the water jet from the return line is not as strong.
Should I leave it like this?

Give the DE a chance to work some magic. That link for floc was just for an example not anything particular I was recommending. If letting the filter build some pressure before you backwash and using the DE work you can always return the floc !!

Wait till tomorrow and see if the DE helps clear it up some. Letting the filter get a little dirtier and waiting for it to get to 22/23lbs before backwashing might afford an improvement in the pools clarity too.
It's not that I'm a proponent of tossing in floc it's that I'm not against it like most seem to be. That and I've used it at the beginning of the season and I haven't had any problem from it yet.

I looked up the HTH Clarifier and it seems to work differently than the BioGard product I'm used to but should supply the same result if you follow the directions on application and diluting and adding around the edge of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.