Green pool despite chemicals

I spoke to my father and he decided he wasn't interest in salvaging the water this year since the season is already over. Thanks for all your help and I'm sure I'll be back early next year's season asking for more advice!

Re: the test kit: can someone recommend the best way of storing it? Currently I have it in one of the cooler parts of the home that has no sunlight. I assume it's best to put it in a cool cabinet where no light enters, right?

Store the test kit in a controlled environment space. So a cool cabinet is fine. Just do not let it freeze.

I got the kit today. Any online video showing how to use it properly?

I also found some discount bleach. It's not labeled so I assume it's the standard 6% chlorine. At $1.78 / gal, it comes to $29.75 / gal of chlorine, which is a bit higher than the lowest prices I've seen on this forum.

For future reference, I would not use anything unless there was a % on the bottle since the pool math calculator takes the % into consideration. If you think you are using 6% and the bleach is actually 2%, you'll never do the SLAM correctly.

And considering I just went through a 69 gallon bleach SLAM process, you want to make sure to do it correctly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.