Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi all,

First year with a new pool. The rocks on our back wall I just noticed have some green starting. Water is crystal and no problems with the chlorine levels. I’ll do an OCLT tonight but don’t expect a problem there.

The rock wall Installer (Landscaper that was hired by the pool builder, not the pool builder themselves) suggested “wet and forget”. I searched here and it seems safe around the pool.

Just confirming it’s a good course of action to spray it up there.

Any other suggestions? I could try bleach as well I guess?

Attachments

• 3BEC9986-5B13-4A3C-946C-81E97C0ED35C.jpeg
    3BEC9986-5B13-4A3C-946C-81E97C0ED35C.jpeg
    665.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 28D739BA-E73F-47F2-BA25-69BF1E704A03.jpeg
    28D739BA-E73F-47F2-BA25-69BF1E704A03.jpeg
    598.6 KB · Views: 22
Hit it with the proper solution of Wet N Forget. I use it for mildew all around the house and pool.

Wet N Forget is longer lasting then chlorine. Areas I spray it on stay mildew free for over a year.

Reactions: MichaelT20
Reactions: jesse-99
It’s an ABDAC algaecide (linear quat algaecide). It won’t harm the pool as chlorine breaks it down. Only downside is if you got a significant amount in the pool, it can cause foaming. But no big deal otherwise.

I ❤️ Wet & forget. I buy the concentrated bottles & mix my own in the pump sprayer. Hit everything at mine & my mom’s house a couple times a year with it to treat what’s there & prevent more. Usually spring & fall. My north side moss/mildew on the peak of my house was totally gone after the 2nd application & has never returned. It used to be terrible to clean. So much easier to deal with the w&f than spraying diluted bleach everywhere (& getting it all over you) then rinsing it off or pressure washing. I have seen it do amazing things to some terrible headstones over time. If you’re careful with a light covering mist you probably won’t even get any in the pool. It’s not instant gratification, but it will lighten it pretty quickly. My brick chimney used to be black with moss - no more! I have thought about doing my top rails with it but I too was concerned with it getting in the water so it’s good to know there’s no major harm there. I will probably use a cardboard shield or something to prevent too much overspray.

Never heard of this product but, just bought some too! Thanks for the tips.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.