Annapolis,MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
I am getting ready to start the opening process in the upcoming weeks. I want to know if I should start pouring bleach into the pool now to kill off some of the algae now to make it easier for myself later?

I wouldn't go nuts trying to pour too much bleach into the pool until all the equipment is re-connected, ports unplugged, and everything is ready to be operational. If you do opt to pour a little chlorine/bleach without the system running, you will have to manually brush it around really well which could get exhausting and wouldn't be as efficient for mixing. In either case, it's always good to run a full set of water test results with your TF-100 (or Taylor K-2006C) test kit so you know exactly where you stand before adding anything. Even though the following link is titled for above ground pools, many of the same principles apply.

Pics? I would start maintaining at least proper chlorine levels in preparation for swim season in a month or so. Then once you open you'll need to SLAM. Pour in some bleach and then start mixing by brushing your pool. What is your water temp?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.