Green clumps

SteveK52

Bronze Supporter
Mar 11, 2019
Taylors South Carolina
I have had a couple of times where I have seen on the bottom of my pool typically in the deep end what I thought was clumps of small green leaves. This has usually occurred after a windy day. I would put the robot in and let it clean but usually to my surprise when I went to empty the filters there was no green stuff. I had some today from a day ago and decided to use the net to pull the stuff out of the pool to see what it was and when trying to pick it up it just dissolved into the water. Do I have an algae problem? FC is at 7ppm.

Likely, or pollen. Why don't you do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test...that will tell you a bunch.
I will do that tonight. We have a ton of pollen right now. I just went into the pool (a cool 73 degrees) with my googles and what I saw was stuff just suspended off the bottom, kind of little round globes, similar to a lump of frog eggs but much less dense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.