Green Cloudy Water Need Some Help

I'm probably a little optomistic on that flow rate. See if you can find either a one gallon or, better, a five gallon bucket and time the flow from your siphons.....that'll tell you what you need to know.

If you have city water pressure, you can likely refill from one hose faster than you can siphon with two but I am only guessing.

I'm sorry, I didn't make that a clear post at all. The position of the entrance end of the siphon hose doesn't matter. The lower below the pool you can place the exit end of the siphon hose the faster the water will drain.

It also might be a good idea to support somehow the entrance ends of the siphon hoses. Support them at a level so they will uncover when the proper depth is reached.

It is pretty important not to drain more than 1/3 of your pool at a time.

I moved the entrance ends of the hose to about the bottom of my light. I figured the middle of the light was about 1/3 however i have 600 gal in the spa so I am going to drain just below the light thinking that is about right.

I only hope that I get enough out so that my CYA lvl drops enough and this drain isn't a waste.

Finished refilling at noon and let the pump run all day. Just tested the water:

FC 18
CC .5
PH 7.8
TA 130
CH 320
CYA 70

Really? The CYA only dropped by 10? Really thought I calculated the drain correctly.

Pool looks beautiful:

Attachments

• photo-8.JPG
    photo-8.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 14
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.