gray taffy-like material on Polaris 280 tires

Hi all, first time poster here.
Not a huge issue, because paint thinner removes it (Goo Gone has no effect on it). BUT, does anyone know what this stuff is? It forms on just the tires of my polaris. Never seen it on the hose, the filter basket, or the small filter in the auto-disconnect. Just the tires. It is gooey, very sticky. Doesn't seem to damage the surface of the tire - I get the stuff off, surface is smooth and unblemished (although still sticky), and pop it right back on. I don't have algae issues in my pool, or really, any water quality issues (that I know of) in my pool. The plaster was redone about six years ago. I live in FL so it's pretty hot.

The stuff has a WEIRD consistency. It's very sticky and gummy and difficult to get off my hands, but if you get enough of it it acts like silly putty - I can roll it into a ball for example.

Anyone have any thoughts about what it is or what might cause it?

Attachments

• 20220828_143145.jpg
    20220828_143145.jpg
    541.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220828_143348 (2).jpg
    20220828_143348 (2).jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 16
Change the tires. They become worn and full exposure to pool chemicals over time just makes them gooey. Time for a new set. You can buy a set of 3.

Seems like the manufactuers would make them out of a less reactive material. I usually change them only once a year. This stuff builds up every few months.
I get a year + out of mine. Could your pool chemistry be affecting them? I just know they get gooey after being in pool 24/7 for a long time. I really don’t monitor the time between tire changes but it is definitely more than a year.

Oh yes, definitely it is something with the pool chemistry. I am just hoping someone can tell me WHAT.
You would need to post your test values for the following using one of the preferred test kits - see Test Kits Compared
pH
FC
CC
CH
TA
CYA

Also state if you are using liqu chlorine (LC), trichlor pucks or some other method to chlorinate your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.