Graded floor for deeper center?

Mdhkdh

Bronze Supporter
Jun 24, 2017
Winter Haven/Florida
This will be our first pool and we are either going with a Sharkline 18x33x54 or something very similar. We had a neighbor once who had a slightly deeper area in his round agp. So I'm wondering if we can put a gradual slope from both ends to the center to a depth of 60" .... and if so, what size liner would be needed? And would it be ok to use foam for the floor? Thank you to all the TFP experts out there helping us newbies!

Foam-what are you thinking of when you say "foam"? Several people have used this:

Shop Foam Board Insulation at Lowes.com

The most important thing about this is the triple taping with a GOOD tape like Gorilla or such.

As for the deeper middle. What does the pool company say? THEY hold the warranty so............I have seen some that have done it. In fact mine has a slight slope to the middle for my main drain.

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim. I wasn't clear but you read my mind I think... floor foam, and I guesss the key to it being uniform where it joins together is the tape, especially where it will slope.

As to burying, I'm going into it knowing the warranty will be voided but I'm reading where many on here have done it successfully. I went ahead and got the expandable and heavy gauge liner so now I just need to decide how much of the walls to bury (probably no more than 3 feet) and then if I want to do 6' or 7' deep middle (probably 6).

Cutting sod tomorrow and the tractor guy is going to stop by to look at the grading stage. I don't think I want to tackle that part on my own!

Ill be sure to post pics along the way for the next guy (and your viewing pleasure of course!):cool::cool::wink:

Here is my deeper bowl on a 27' round we just done today. Still got more sand to pack and screet but were getting closer. I would have liked to add a pad liner or the insulation board on top of the sand but just didn't see how it would work without causing wrinkles in the liner. The bottom of my pool is 10' diameter and is 20" deeper than the 3' ledge around the pool edge. The slope part is 5.5'. Hopefully this will help you visualize.

Yes that is helpful. I started a new thread for the build process so tomorrow I'll post a before pic of the yard, which currently has a septic tank (plastic, though, thankfully) that has to be moved so as to not be a centerpiece in the pool :D

If you are dishing out on an oval pool, you have to remember that there are straps that go across the bottom of the straight sides to reinforce the walls. I have a 18 x 33 x 54" sharkline. I think I remember reading on here that you can dish out one of the ends but I'm not sure if you can dish out a large chunk of that pool with it being an oval.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.