Got started, fixed algae overnight

After all those acid additions you might well have had some patches of water that were slightly more or less acidic and now that everything is mixed through you're starting to see the final TA. Might just have been a small change somewhere between 60 and 70, and first it was a bit closer to 6 drops, and now it's closer to 7 drops.

Keep watching it for a while and see how long pH stays 7.9ish.

Reactions: gaajar35
Brought the TA down to 60 4 days ago and pH up to 7.6 after a couple of rounds of acid+aeration. Tested today and pH is up to 7.9 (alternating with 8.0 so maybe 7.95?) and TA is up to 70. Not sure what's going on. This seems just as rapid of a pH rise as before.
Every pool is a little different. My settled in at TA 70 and pH at 7.8. So I just let it ride and if I test at 8.0 then I add some MA but only a little to move it down to 7.6 to 7.8. Just be patience and monitor over a month or so.

Reactions: gaajar35
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.