Cmurra6745

Apr 13, 2021
Mass
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I finally closed . Decided to bring down past returns before bowing out through skimmer and pump on recirculate then took off looking glads and psi gauge and blew some more because i have a mesh saftey cover and its going to rain for a few days plus all the way up untill winter .. is this ok?? Or should i add some water back ?

Also i air locked main drain after blowing out skimmer but added antifreeze to skimmer line about a gallon give or take and then threw gizmo in it and pool noodle for protection

I added pics for where level is prior to closing
My stairs have been loose since i bought the house gonna need to vac the liner or get a new one soon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    632 KB · Views: 14
Looks like you've done a good job. :goodjob: Did you insert plugs into the returns? I can't quite tell from the pic. Back at the pad, all drain plugs removed, etc? If so, I think you're good until next spring.
Yup return plugs are in .. drain plugs for pump and filter and eye glass and psi gauge are out ..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yup return plugs are in .. drain plugs for pump and filter and eye glass and psi gauge are out ..
Why should the drain plugs for the pump be removed? It seems like deep snow would melt and possibly flow into the pump drain port and possibly freeze in the pump. Why not drain everything and then replace the pump drain plugs to keep everything dry?

Why should the drain plugs for the pump be removed
It's half a dozen or 6. If enough water / rain / condensation accumulated, it would drain with the plugs removed. If you remove the plugs, water can theoretically get in that way.

Either way, it likely wouldn't be enough water to damage anything once frozen.

Reactions: birdman579
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.