Got a swamp i hope this works.

Hang in there. The foam is certainly odd, but the chlorine must be reacting with something. Just keep scooping, brushing, etc. While I was worried about iron in the water from your well, you mentioned having water delivered. Hopefully that water was iron free as well because some owners have been disappointed in the past to learn it wasn't. Something to watch though. As soon as you get the test kit, run those full set of test results. We just can't get ahead of ourselves with guesswork. We're watching. :cool:

I should add I've had this pool crystal clear the past 2 seasons. I did fill it up 10% or so from the well but I used an rv mineral catcher at the end of the hose to cut down on iron. I just didn't get the top on it last fall. It was drained to right below the inlets and I filled it up enough to get the pumps running again.

Last post for a while. Seems my taylor kit is being shipped from China. Got this load of leaves out this weekend. Just going to skim and bleach until the kit arrives thank you everyone for the advice so far.

Attachments

• 20220411_141402_copy_1895x2527.jpg
    20220411_141402_copy_1895x2527.jpg
    913.2 KB · Views: 37
Yes got it from a sketchy 3rd party site
tftestkits.net. it's guaranteed fresh and we know the owner if something unexpected happens. We can usually help.

I, myself, won't consider another source.

(Anyone is always welcome to disagree with me tho)

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My kit finally came in. The water has gone from black dark green to a much lighter green. Almost no leaves coming out with the skimmer. Both pumps running with constant backwashing and cartridge cleaning every other day or so.
My ph is 7.6
My ch is 75
I did the cya test but I filled the entire tube and I could still see the black dot. I'm guessing my cya is around 0.

Should I lower my ph and add cya to pool before slam?

Thank you I will get some cya st the store today and some ph down.
Best to not use "ph down" it can add some unwanted stuff to your pool. Its better to hit up home depot, lowes or similar and buy the muratic acid. Does the same thing only without the added worry.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I over shot my cya I think its 45 or 50 now ugh. I guess I just need to hit it harder now.
It's hard to monitor working all day but I put a gallon of bleach and a bag of cal hypo in last night and 24 hours later these are my readings. Just put another gallon of bleach and a bag of cal hypo in. I had 2 extra bags of shock so I figured it couldn't hurt.

Total chlorine 5
Free chlorine 5
Cc 0
Ph 7.2
Cya 45
Ch 75

Count cya as 50 (always round up to the next 10)
slam level is 20ppm
Try to test & replenish at least 2-3x’s a day - the more often you test & replenish fc the faster the SLAM Process will end.
Before work, after work, before bed etc. it’s 5 minutes or so. I know it’s daunting but think of the finish line 🏁

Reactions: newdude
Ok so the water when not in the pool looks pretty clear after slamming it all this time. When in the pool it has a green tint. Is this possibly from dead algae on the surfaces? My brush doesn't seem to work very well on it but if I rub my hand vigorously on it it the staining comes off. Is there a trick to this as my hand goes numb after a minute of this.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.