Good Chemical Levels but Sediment still in Salt Water Pool

You can swim while SLAMing.

1. Was your SWG turned off for the OCLT?
2. What was your FC/CC last night and what was it this morning?
3. Did you perform the CYA test in full sunlight, vial at waist level, back to the sun?
4. Your CYA level would have decreased with that much rain, have you increased your CYA?

Thanks for the reply.

1. I haven't started the OCLT yet...last time I did it about (2) weeks ago the SWG was turned off as required.
2. The FC/CC yesterday was 2/.5. I bumped up the chlorine around 6pm yesterday and this morning it was at 12 FC and .5 CC.
3. CYA test is always done as suggested.
4. Haven't increased CYA yet since I wasn't sure if I needed to SLAM. It went from 70 (2) weeks ago to 50 this morning.

Tested once more and my FC/CC levels have dropped even more. They are now at 8.5 and 0.5. Still cloudy. Am I to assume the FC drop from 12ppm at 8am to 8.5ppm at 6 pm that there's algae? My CYA is still at 50 and the sun was shining all day finally.

I have the pump running at 2200rpm and the SWG is at 100%.

Does it matter if more water is being skimmed or through the main drain on the bottom during a SLAM? Just felt the main drain when I was swimming and it did not suck the leaf I put against it...heck, the leaf floated away. I currently have the valve at 50/50.

Thanks!

It is unlikely you could feel the suction at the MD even if you had it at 100%. Especially if it is a VGBA compliant drain.

No real difference were you take your suction from. Adjust it so that your skimmer functions well at skimming the pool.

Take care.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.