Going robot... sell Polaris 360?

Thurston

Bronze Supporter
May 19, 2017
RI
My auxiliary pump died this summer, and rather than fix/replace it, I'm considering buying a new robot to take over cleaning duties.

My polaris is in great shape, and worked really well when the pump was working. Is there much value for a used Polaris with extra bags and scrubbers?

Does this forum have a for sale section?

You can post information about the unit in The Coffee Bar sub-forum and ask people to PM you if they are interested. TFP does not have any official "Classified Ads" section. Obviously using something like Craig's List or eBay will cast a much wider net and probably get you a decent return.

I got rid of my suction side cleaner back in April in favor of a robot (my S300i thread link is in my signature). I have been very happy with the results and the lower energy usage now that I don't need my pool pump to drive my cleaner.

You might also try Facebook Marketplace. Around where I live, we have local Buy Sell Trade pages on Facebook as well. These are specific to various towns or certain areas of the city. I have had success selling used, unwanted items through both of these (FB Market place and BST pages) with no fees to pay for advertising and no shipping. I generally arrange to meet at a local Walgreens or gas station when it is convenient for me.

Craigslist sold my pressure side cleaner earlier this year.

You are making a great move!

We moth balled our Polaris 360 after we refinished the pool 6 years ago. Picked up an Aquabot Turbo T and it cleaned better than the Polaris, saved cost to power it and lasted 6 years with only minor belt and track repairs needed before the motor died yesterday.

I kept the plumbing for the Polaris just in case we ever wanted to go back, but after comparing results and cost savings... I'm getting another motorized robot.

I saved my Polaris as a back up for a couple years, then just threw it out. Craig's list option sounds like a good plan.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.