Going on vacation with SWG and a Cover??

Wolfepack88

Gold Supporter
Jun 21, 2020
NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have a vacation coming up where we will be gone for 12 days in the summer and I will have our autocover closed while we are gone. The question I have is assuming my chemistry is right what's a good setting (if even on at all) should I leave my SWG while away? Should I just turn down the pump to minimum like 1500 and run the SWG at say 10%? This is the first summer with the pool (ours came online in Sept last year so I have no reference) so I'm not quite sure what to do here. I don't know what the FC loss will be when covered. The pool does get sun 100% of the day if that has any impact with the cover on.

I would do a test for a few days keeping the cover closed and SWG turned down and test your FC daily at night. See how your FC changes up or down.

Reactions: Wolfepack88
Your regular testing at trip time will let you know what your daily loss has been for the week before. It's hard to guess now when the trip is in the summer. Leave it covered whenever it's not in use the week before the trip to get a good feel.for it. Set the SWG to maintain that and just a bit more so you gain 1FC a day. When you come home you will be up 12 FC with plenty of room to spare from SLAM of 28. (Providing your're at the rec'd 70 CYA by then).

Reactions: Wolfepack88
Your regular testing at trip time will let you know what your daily loss has been for the week before. It's hard to guess now when the trip is in the summer. Leave it covered whenever it's not in use the week before the trip to get a good feel.for it. Set the SWG to maintain that and just a bit more so you gain 1FC a day. When you come home you will be up 12 FC with plenty of room to spare from SLAM of 28. (Providing your're at the rec'd 70 CYA by then).
Ok thank you. I was going to add some CYA to go from 40 up to 70 but then the rain came so will wait until this week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.