Going away, SWG and suspect algea outbreak

Last measurement before leaving

FC 8.5
CC 0.5
pH 7.4

Up from FC 7.5 CC 0.5 this morning with 2 hours of run time with the SWG at 60%

Previously FC dropped from 9.5 yesterday afternoon till 7.5 this morning, in that period my son and I were in the pool, and it had 3-4 hours of pump run time with the SWG at 20%

So SWG at 20% is likely not enough, 60% may be on the high side, but think I’ll leave it like that with 5.5 hours of daily run time.
A friend will pass by over the weekend and do a measurement so we can adjust.

To close on this, we came home to a sparkling clean pool

FC 9.5
CC 0.5
pH 7.4
TA 110
CH 400-425
CYA 90
SALT 4000
TEMP 32 Celsius / 89 Fahrenheit
CSI -0.11

The calcium deposits were there again, I’ll start a separate thread about those.

Thanks for all the help.

Nicely done!!

It seems like you were just here... hope you enjoyed your holiday!

Care to let us know how you managed it? Did your friend come by? Testing? Adding? Acid automation off or on? Or did the SWCG handle it all on it's ownself?

The SWG did it, a friend came by Monday and tested FC as noted earlier in the thread, FC was holding at 7.5 as before we left.

I left the acid automation on, it added 1.5-2 litres of sulfuric acid while we were away.

I turned down the runtime of the SWG a bit today based on the FC reading being above my target of 7

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.