Globrite & Mircobrite color swim/ fade tempo speed adjustment. Intellitouch 8 controller.

Sin City Pool Party

Sep 14, 2022
Las Vegas
Ok here is the issue. My Globrites are starting to go after 4 years (shocker). So I just replaced my one spa light with a Mircobrite as the Globrite got thirsty. My 3 pool lights are still Globrites. So when I put the lights in color swim or a standard pattern, the mircobrite changes colors faster and gets ahead of the colors of the globrites. I can't seem to find anything on this and at the prices of these lights it's a big ask to change them all.

I think you have stumbled onto one of the incompatbilities between Pentair LED light families. None of them are perfectly identical.

Ok here is the issue. My Globrites are starting to go after 4 years (shocker). So I just replaced my one spa light with a Mircobrite as the Globrite got thirsty. My 3 pool lights are still Globrites. So when I put the lights in color swim or a standard pattern, the mircobrite changes colors faster and gets ahead of the colors of the globrites. I can't seem to find anything on this and at the prices of these lights it's a big ask to change them all.
How did you change your globrite to microbrite? Did you have to break out the housing and re-plaster in a new one?

I have 5 globrites and two are currently out. I've probably replaced 10 in the 8 years of pool ownership. Terrible design and product.

Reactions: Jejunum
My pool is about 5 years old and the Pentair globrites have been replaced twice and are dying again. These lights leak because the circuit boards are potted with epoxy which heats and expands the housing and causes cracks in the housing, and then leaks. They last two years....that is all. There should be a class action suite on these. I have a small pool and so I've been changing them out to srs treo 2 watt micro lights at about $100 each and they have been holding up ok so far. They are lower power at only 2 watta but on a smaller size pool seem ok. It's lousy how Pentair keeps on selling these globrites when they know there is a manufacturing issue with them!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.