NE Oklahoma
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have 4 Pentair globrite lights, 3 in my pool and 1 in the attached spa, all connected to a single power transformer, tied to a single relay in my intellicenter. Apparently the power flickered here the other night, and now the spa light does not energize at the same time as the pool lights, so my light show is off sequence. If the lamps are set to a solid color, they match, but when using a light show the spa lags by a little bit. Has anyone had this happen, and if so, is there a fix for it, short of replacing the lamp? Don't really want to replace the light because it works, just seems to power on a little bit later than the others.

--Jeff

From a post by @bdavis466 that may point you in the right direction...

The lights are out of sync and can not be synced through the EasyTouch because they are hooked to the same relay. That really was a poor method of installing the lights but was likely done to avoid purchasing a second transformer. Each light should be on its own relay.

Go to: Menu>Settings>Circuit Functions> Aux (the one the lights are connected to)> Set to Intellibrite.

The delay in the pool light sounds like color swim mode was activated and would be normal in that instance.

To sync the lights, open up the transformer and disconnect one of the lights and leave the other connected. Since this is the low voltage side, you should only need to disconnect the black "hot lead" (if they were 120V you'd need to disconnect both the hot and neutral lines or the GFI would trip). Turn the power on and set the light to green (or any other color). Now do the same with the other light (with the previous one disconnected), turn the power on and set to to the same color as before. Turn the power off, reconnect everything, and turn the lights on. They should be on the same sequence now.

There is a way to reset the lights but it would be very difficult for you to do with the way yours are wired. Try this method first and see if that does the trick.

Reactions: Turbo1Ton
Well, that didn't seem to work.

The Intellicenter has a selection for Globrite as well as Intellibrite. I changed to Intellibrite as mentioned above, as it shouldn't matter because I believe the sequencing for the light shows is the same. Tried it once as Intellibrite and again as Globrite. Neither worked.

I have spent a little bit watching the lights. The spa light lags the pool lights, after changing the light color/show. Once the color or show has been selected by the relay, and the spa light has lagged on power up, you can turn off the lights and then turn them back on, and they all power up together. However the spa light is much slower at going through the light show sequence than the pool lights are.

Going to look up this 'color swim mode' now, as I don't remember reading anything about this before, and I haven't noticed it in any of the automation. Might be because I don't spend much time playing with the lights.

FYI - my plan is to eventually separate the pool and spa lights, by purchasing another transformer. Just hasn't been a priority. Although I don't think that having them separate would change this issue.

--Jeff

There are clearly tricks that Pentair and knowledgeable installers know with how to manipulate the lights that are not shared with the general public. @bdavis466 was our best insider source.

Have you tried working with Pentair Support on the problem?

I have not yet called Pentair. That is the next step. Was hoping it was something simple that someone here had already dealt with.

Thanks Allen!

--Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.