glo brights and micro lights

viper02

Dec 29, 2020
surprise
So I am finally starting my dig and I am lining up my subs. So on the GLO vs Micro.. I talked to my electrician and he said that micro lights do not work well with the glo brights, they will not glo the right color at the same times.. DO you guys know about that? I have 2 bubblers on my shelf and they have to be glo brights...

Red and Green are slightly different between the Globrite and Microbrite. Globrites and Microbrites have the same color blue but different then Intellbrite lights based on this chart from Pentair.

Pentair_Light_Comparison.png

Reactions: viper02
So I am finally starting my dig and I am lining up my subs. So on the GLO vs Micro.. I talked to my electrician and he said that micro lights do not work well with the glo brights, they will not glo the right color at the same times.. DO you guys know about that? I have 2 bubblers on my shelf and they have to be glo brights...
No clue... I could see how they could get out of sync with the way my Intellicenter controls the light colors. Why do the bubblers have to be glowbrights?

I do recall seeing several pictures around here with pools that had mixed lights. Maybe a microbrite on a shelf, and Globrites in the pool, something like that, but every time, the colors were different. The automation would cycle the colors correctly, or turn them on or off, but the temperature of the colors from the different lights were noticeable. They may be all red for example, but the shade of red from the different lights were different enough to notice.

Also, not sure what you mean here....
have 2 bubblers on my shelf and they have to be glo brights...
Are you installing Pentair lighted bubblers? I don't think Pentair refers to the lights inside the bubblers as Globrites.

Or is the builder saying the lights in the bubblers will not match the Microbrites and they more closely match the color of the Globrites?

Are you installing Pentair lighted bubblers? I don't think Pentair refers to the lights inside the bubblers as Globrites.

Or is the builder saying the lights in the bubblers will not match the Microbrites and they more closely match the color of the Globrites?
Probably using Pentair colorvision bubblers, which use globrites as the light source.

Probably using Pentair colorvision bubblers, which use globrites as the light source.

I am using the same setup, pentair bubblers and microbrite lights in the pool. I had not heard of the differences... Once option is to use different circuits for them to allow the bubblers to be a different color. Interested in this as well, I'll be following. If the consensus is that they will look different, I'll have my electrician wire them separately so that I can control independent and put the bubblers on some other color if it bothers me.

I am using the same setup, pentair bubblers and microbrite lights in the pool. I had not heard of the differences... Once option is to use different circuits for them to allow the bubblers to be a different color. Interested in this as well, I'll be following. If the consensus is that they will look different, I'll have my electrician wire them separately so that I can control independent and put the bubblers on some other color if it bothers me.
That was what we did. Globrite bubblers with Microbrites on the tanning deck, wired separately.

I have heard from a few electricians and they did say they will be slightly different so I will be returning Micro and getting all glo brights.. hope the niches will always have options.. but im sure they will be fine in my life time..LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.