Glass wall

Aug 25, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
I live in Phoenix, Arizona and we have flood irrigation and giant trees in our backyard. I want to install a pool, but it seems the best option would be to build an above ground or semi above ground pool. I was wondering if anyone has any experience building a modern above ground pool with a glass wall or panel. I can't really seem to find builders locally who do this type of pool. Any builder or supplier information is appreciated.

I live in Phoenix, Arizona and we have flood irrigation and giant trees in our backyard. I want to install a pool, but it seems the best option would be to build an above ground or semi above ground pool. I was wondering if anyone has any experience building a modern above ground pool with a glass wall or panel. I can't really seem to find builders locally who do this type of pool. Any builder or supplier information is appreciated.
Have any pictures of what you are after?

OK we got three things going on here.

The nearby irrigation doesn't matter for the pool. Once an inground pool is full, it can sit in surrounding water like if you held a bucket full of water in your pool. Now. If the pool was to empty some, then it becomes a boat if the ground water returns before the pool water. A hydrostatic valve is added in the east to mitigate these concerns and would do the same for you in AZ (where it's not typically needed).

Next up is the trees. Gravity and wind will make crud fall into either pool. The Sq ft of the surface area determines how big of a crud catcher you have. Once it's fallen, it typically won't blow into an above ground pool, so you're right there, but some simple yard cleaning will go a long way. Besides, the pollen in the spring is over in a couple weeks and then falling crud isn't an issue again until fall. So don't alter your whole pool experience for a minor detail, time wise in relation to your long season.

Window pool: :) here's what you want. And I agree it'd be neat. (y). They aren't going to make any in the price range of an permanant aboveground pool. If your pockets are deep enough, anything else can be done, but you'll be hiring someone to one-off you a custom build and it's gonna be spendy.

Reactions: jsygrls
No experience but maybe expand your search to acrylic pools. I would imagine this would require a specialized builder and would be quite expensive.
Maybe an architect / landscape architect who design backyards might have some leads.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.