Glass Tile Installation

Kouri

Bronze Supporter
Feb 5, 2017
Central Florida
Will refinish pool with Florida Stucco Gem Finish Factory "blended with the highest quality selected colored quartz aggregates, white Portland cement and proprietary additives to enhance strength, density, bonding and curing."

We are using glass tile step markers and mosaics made from Lightstream Glass (Calif) who gave us"industry standard procedures" installation instructions:

"... you should be fine letting it cure for a day or two as long as you use a good thinset like TEC Superflex or either of Laticrete’s Glass Tile Adhesive or Latipoxy 300. You could also use 3M’s Marine Silicone glue and glue them down before you plaster."

The re-finisher is tells me this is not standard procedure for them. Although they haven't said, I'm guess waiting a day or two is not in their game plan I'm wondering is this is just a difference in area standards or?

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Susan

Last edited:
It is not THEIR standard procedure BUT is is LIGHTSTREAM'S standard procedure.

Most PB are not familiar with Lightstream as it is a much higher end ($$$) tile. Print out Lightstream's directions and stick to your guns. It MUST be done the correct way to keep the warranty!

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.